I love all my oils like children, but if I had to choose just one essential oil, it would have to be Lavender.
Have you ever had to theoretically choose just one thing? Like which album you’d take to Mars, or what you’d choose for your last meal, or which pair of shoes you couldn’t live without, etc.
Well, here’s an easy one…
If I were ever on one of those survivalist reality TV shows and could take only one thing with me to the desert island, I’d take Lavender. When I can’t carry all my oils (e.g. when hiking or skiing), I carry this one.
Why is this THE ONE?
Lavender’s versatility is the reason people call Young Living’s Lavender Essential Oil “the Swiss Army Knife” of essential oils.
It’s calming, and relaxing; you may already know that because many people use this before going to sleep. But did you know that Lavender is also part of the mint family? That’s what makes it so invigorating, too.
Young Living’s Lavender is PURE lavender, so if someone says they don’t like the way lavender smells, it’s probably because they’ve never experienced essential oil from seeds sourced from TRUE lavender, the traditional crop that almost died out due to over fertilization in France.
Thanks to Gary Young, it was saved from extinction in the 1990s. Now it is grown and harvested on Young Living farms in France and the US. You won’t detect any added vanilla or synthetic lavender fragrance in this little bottle!
Lavender vibrates at 180 MHz, which is quite high as essential oils go. Consider that the healthy human body is right at around 65 MHz. Lavender is a go-to to restore healthy energetic frequencies in the human body. Now before you roll your eyes and call it woo woo mumbo jumbo, consider that real live food vibrates at higher frequencies than canned or processed foods – and you know how good fresh food is for you! You want to raise the frequency of the energies in your body. So try some Lavender.
How to use Lavender
- Treat yourself to this well-loved aroma by adding a few drops of oil to lotions, shampoos, and skin care products.
- Create a spa-like retreat by combining 1 cup Epsom salt and 4 drops oil and adding to a hot bath.
- Make a basic homemade body scrub with coconut oil, sugar, and Lavender essential oil.
- Unwind with a Lavender-infused neck or back massage.
- Use Lavender as part of your evening routine. Rub oil on the bottom of your feet before bed or spritz your pillow with distilled water and Lavender mixed in a spray bottle.
- Create a DIY room freshener with Lavender or diffuse it to banish stale odors.
- Add it to vegetable oil and apply it topically to soothe the skin after a day in the sun.
- Diffuse when studying for exams. Studies have shown that Lavender helps students memorize and recall facts when studying and taking tests.
You’ll find Lavender in many products, like Stress Away, Tranquil, Forgiveness, Harmony, and LavaDerm™ After-Sun Spray.
Best of all, this oil is so gentle that it’s safe to use undiluted on all but the most sensitive skin. Plus, it’s not known to cause photosensitive reactions.
When there can be only one… let it be Lavender.
Betcha this is the essential oil that you run out of first from your Premium Starter Kit!
Don’t have a Premium Starter Kit yet? Join the family!