There’s a reason frankincense is legendary and known as the gift of kings… Just open the bottle to find out.
It is said that the tougher conditions of the environment, the more powerful a plant’s therapeutic properties. (That’s why all of Young Living’s essential oils come from plants grown on real farms, outside, at the mercy of the elements, a product of the earth – never in green houses.) Now imagine the scraggly, wind-torn frankincense tree, boring through rocks in the Middle East to withstand wind and sun, and arid air.
So how is the oil produced? The Frankincense tree’s bark is slashed and scraped in a process called striping, which allows the tree to exude resin. Then its sap bleeds out and hardens over several days. Finally this hardened resin is collected and steam distilled to produce oil.
What kind of essential oil comes from this hardy tree that can grow out of a rock? Let me tell you, it’s some amazing stuff.
Some suggested uses for Frankincense Essential Oil:
- Anytime you’re just flummoxed, reach for Frank.
- When you’ve tried everything else, and just want that little extra, reach for Frank.
- When you want to connect with your source and remember who you are and where you belong, reach for Frank.
- When your skin thirsts for moisture and suppleness, reach for Frank.
- When you pray and meditate, reach for Frank.
- When you’re stressed, reach for Frank.
- When you’ve been sitting at the computer all day, typing and driving a mouse around a mouse pad, reach for Frank.
- When you’ve been working in the yard, and prickly or thorny Texas plants have scratched your arms, reach for Frank. (No worries if you don’t live in Texas, you get my drift!)
- When you feel hopeless, bitten or stung, reach for Frank.
Just put it on you. Just reach for Frank.
Young Living Distinction: Did you know that we are the only company in the world with permission to access, distill, and export the sacred Frankincense (Boswellia Sacra) trees in Oman? This centuries-old method and schedule of harvesting is shared with Young Living because of our relationships with the people there, who have been doing this for 5000 years.
The slightly more common Frankincense trees (Boswellia Carteri) grow in Dubai, UAE, and have long been revered for their luxurious fragrance and properties. Young Living’s longstanding partnership with the landowners there allows the company to make Frank available to more homes across the planet.
Now you. Do you know anyone who has had an amazing transformation with Frankincense? Share below!