If I were ever on one of those survivalist reality TV shows and could take only one thing with me to the desert island, I’d take Lavender. Only one Lavender, though – Young Living Lavender. When I can’t carry all my oils (e.g. when hiking or skiing), I carry this one.
It’s the CLASSIC Lavender… and in my book, the only ONE Lavender.
Its versatility is the reason people call Young Living’s Lavender Essential Oil “the Swiss Army Knife” of essential oils.
It’s calming, and relaxing; you may already know that because many people use this before going to sleep. But did you know that Lavender is also part of the mint family? That’s what makes it so invigorating, too.
This isn’t your grandmother’s Lavender. It has a bit of a bite.
Young Living’s Lavender is PURE lavender, so if someone says they don’t like the way lavender smells, it’s probably because they’ve never experienced essential oil from seeds sourced from true lavender, the traditional crop that almost died out due to over fertilization in France. Thanks to Gary Young, it was saved from extinction in the 1990s. Now it is grown and harvested on Young Living farms in France and the US. You won’t detect any added vanilla or synthetic lavender fragrance in this little bottle!
How to Use Lavender
- Treat yourself to this well-loved aroma by adding a few drops of oil to lotions, shampoos, and skin care products.
- Create a spa-like retreat by combining 1 cup Epsom salt and 4 drops oil and adding to a hot bath.
- Dab on a blemish/bump to cleanse the pore.
- Make a basic homemade body scrub with coconut oil, sugar, and Lavender essential oil.
- Unwind with a Lavender-infused neck or back massage.
- Use Lavender as part of your evening routine. Rub oil on the bottom of your feet before bed or spritz your pillow with distilled water and Lavender mixed in a spray bottle.
- Create a DIY room freshener with Lavender or diffuse it to banish stale odors.
- Add it to vegetable oil and apply it topically to soothe the skin after a day in the sun.
- Diffuse when studying for exams. Studies have shown that Lavender helps students memorize and recall facts when studying and taking tests.
You’ll find Lavender in many products, like Stress Away, Tranquil, Forgiveness, Harmony, and LavaDerm™ After-Sun Spray.
Best of all, this oil is so gentle that it’s safe to use undiluted on all but the most sensitive skin, and it’s not known to cause photosensitive reactions.
Betcha this is the essential oil that you run out of first from your Premium Starter Kit!